01 November 2006

Damn, I almost made it

Six days from Election Day, and I have yet to say a word about it.  I have been in a political coma.  I've sort of enjoyed it.

John Kerry has brought me out of it.

I'm not going to rehash his idiocy, except to say that his idiocy lies in his smug attempts to coyly twist his words into something pithy.  Just speak plain English.  Say something along the lines of "this is why you want to do good in school, so that you don't make poor judgments like the president and administrative cronies have through the Iraq war."

Simple as that.

Two things strike me about this fire storm:  1. I'm more PO'd at Kerry for his "I will not apologize" rant yesterday than I am for getting involved in the election a week before it happens.  He should have said "look, I know it sounds like I was saying that soldiers are dumb, but I mis-spoke..." 2. I'm surprised that this has created more of a firestorm than a few weeks ago, when Kerry was on Bill Maher's HBO show.  At one point in the interview, Maher said something about him killing two birds with one stone, to which Kerry replied "maybe I could go to 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue (the White House) and kill the real bird with one stone."  Most people aren't even aware of this exchange.

So obviously, when John Kerry attempts to tell a "joke," it is only "not funny" if it can be twisted into a smear against American troops.

Everyone, and I mean everyone, who is taking umbrage at what Kerry said is a moron.  It is absolutely, completely, explicitly clear that Kerry was referring to Bush and Bush only.  Those bleating like sheep at how outrageous this is are doing one thing: trying to distract that American populace from the real issues that matter next week.  Every second spent on this non-issue is a second taken away from debate on the war, the ethics in Washington, etc. etc. etc.

There have been two distinct, different statements made in the past twenty-four hours by the two gentleman who ran for president in 2004.  Which of these statements do you find more offensive?

John Kerry: "You know, education -- if you make the most of it, you study hard and you do your homework and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well. If you don't, you get stuck in Iraq."  

George W. Bush: "I want Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld and Vice President Dick Cheney to remain with me until the end of this presidency. Both those men are doing fantastic jobs and I strongly support them."

Again, which do you find more offensive? Kerry trying to imply that the president's strategy in Iraq has been idiotic, or Bush praising Rumsfeld, Cheney, and the job that they have done executing the war in Iraq?

I'm pretty sure next Tuesday we will see which statement America finds more offensive.  And I bet it isn't even close.  

No comments: