20 July 2006

Random hits from a mind that should be dreaming

Because sleep is over rated:

1. George W. Bush is an idiot.  What more can be said about this man and his ability to be president?  He's been in office for almost six years, and Wednesday he vetoed a bill for the first time ever.  Spending?  Tax cut repeal?  No, of course not.  Bush's first ever veto was about embryonic stem cell research.  Read the linked article (I do not suggest doing this if you have just eaten though).  Every time W is quoted, he sounds like an idiot.  And the picture of him holding a boy who was supposedly "adopted" as an embryo is priceless.  There is so much wrong with this story and Bush's veto that I can't get into it now.  I'll stroke out, and since our fearless leader is hell-bent against helping LIFE THAT ALREADY EXISTS, there will be no hope for me.

Say it with me, again:  WORST. PRESIDENT. EVER.

2. I'm still freaked out by a trip I took to Jiffy Lube yesterday.  I am always a little self-conscious when I take my car to get an oil change.  I'm a man, I should be able to change my own oil, but I can't, so I sit there for fifteen minutes while they crew laughs at me behind closed doors.  Or so it seems-my self-esteem is never helped by a trip to Jiffy Lube.  Yesterday, they had this penchant for SPRINTING to the door whenever I was about to go through it so that they could open it for me.  It happened when I first came into the shop, when I went into the work area, when I went back to the waiting area, and when I left when the work was done.  And then someone opened my car door for me.  I know they were being nice, but it was just weird.  I already felt inadequate as a man who can't change my own oil.  I didn't need chivalry too.  And yes, I know that I am very, very strange.

3. Sadly, I am not going to be winning the British Open this year.  I think about that every year when I get up at the ass-crack of dawn in mid-July to watch it.  Come to think of it, they should be teeing off the first round right about now.

4. Yes, I know # 3 was pretty lame, and when I go back and re-read this that I should delete it, but I won't.

No comments: