18 December 2004

Double shot

I missed last week...

1. What is your all-time favorite Christmas Carol or holiday song?  "Do They Know It's Christmas" by Band Aid (the original, 1984 version-the "re-make" that was done for this year sucks eggs)

2. What percentage of your Christmas shopping have you completed? 99.9% (it indeed has been a remarkable year)

3. Other than yourself, which of the following would you most likeyour child to have as a role model and why:
    A) Doctor
    B) Politician
    C) Professional Athlete
    D) Businessman
I can think of specific examples of each that I would accept, so I think it's too ambiguous to answer!

4. What current television show would you most like to see disappear permanently? "The Bachelor" (and it's female alter-ego I suppose); I would like to have said all reality shows but since it asks for something specific I'll go with the one that I think is the dumbest.  Now would you please accept this rose?
 
5. Have you used any themed photo wall calendar in 2004?  Do you already have one ready for 2005, and if so, what is next year's theme of choice? 2004 was the first year in a while that I did not use one, and I have no plans to use one for 2005 either.

6. READER'S CHOICE QUESTION #35 from
Armand:  Read this quotation from Ralph Waldo Emerson recently posted in Armand's journal, "Uncommon Sense."  Given the context of the quote, how have you been most successful in your life? That I have somehow managed to make it this far.

And now for this week...

1. What is your all-time least favorite Christmas Carol or holiday song?  It's absolutely impossible to choose just one because I used to be subjected to non-stop music from Thanksgiving on at work.  But I'll try: anything by the Beach Boys, any version of "Rocking Around the Christmas Tree", Madonna's "Santa Baby", and a song called "It's Christmas" featuring the Oak Ridge Boys and a tone-deaf group of children.  My ears are bleeding at the mere thought of that last song, so that's the winner.  You've probably never heard it (and I thank the folks at Albertson's for somehow putting it on their satellite selection for lo those many years) and tonight when you go to bed you should thank God that you haven't!  OK, I'm done now...

2. Who is the most difficult person on your shopping list to buy a gift for, and have you already purchased his or her gift, yet?  My mother.  Her gift has been purchased.  (I hope she likes spam)

3. What picture are you least proud of:
    A) Your most recent professional portrait
    B) Your driver's license photo
    C) Your passport photo
    D) Your work ID photo
    E) Your senior class portrait-I look like an elf

4. How many Christmas/holiday parties have you been invited to this month and how many have you (or will you) attend? 2/2
 
5. A previously-unknown rich relative appears and offers to buy you the car of your choice.  What would you like? If I suddenly become a Republican and no longer care about the environment, then I want a Hummer.  Since that is not likely to happen, I'll go with a Lexus.

6. What is your favorite thing to wear around the house when you know no one else is at home?  Is that what you're wearing as you answer these questions?
A pair of comfortable jeans and a baggy pull over of some kind.  No, I'm still in "sleep attire" as I do this.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...


It was very difficult for me NOT to name "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree" as my least favorite.  In fact, about an hour after I made my selection, I heard that song on the radio and was quickly reminded of how much I dislike that one, too!  Definitely a good choice!

Patrick