27 March 2005

Triple shot

From two weeks ago:

1. Have you ever called 911 for an emergency? Not recently, but used to have to do it all the time at work.  Thefts, assaults, armed robberies; you name it, I probably called about it.
 
2. Do you spend more or save more? I haven't received a paycheck in 30 months.  Do the math.
 
3. How many live plants do you have in your home now?  Do you give them enough attention? Don't have any.  Never been much of a botanist.
 
4. What was the last thing you did to exercise?  How often do you exercise? I walked for about 45 minutes on the treadmill.  I am usually on it 2-3 times per week.
 
5. Where do you compare with regard to your parents:  do you feel like an adult, or still like the "kid?"  If you feel like an adult, when did you first feel that way? Mentally, I still feel like a kid.  Physically, I feel like an old man. 

6. Who is the last person you received a personal card or letter from that wasn't sent to mark a special occasion?   My fiance gave me a card "just because" a month or so ago.

Last week:

1. You know company is coming:  do you panic and immediately begin cleaning house or do you sit back and relax because your place is already clean?  It's clean enough.

2. Which was a bigger surprise for you:  
a) Robert Blake was acquitted
b) Martha Stewart did jail time
c) Scott Peterson was sentenced to death
d) The Michael Jackson trial began at all

Robert Blake.  Apparently, you have to be really, really, really stupid to be convicted of murder in California.

3. What was in the last package you received in the mail? We're getting wedding presents all the time now.

4. What commercial annoys you the most at the moment? That Burger King ad with the dude from Hootie and the Blowfish singing about chicken sandwiches growing on trees.  He must be completely out of beer money.

5. What charity was the last one to call you to solicit a donation?  Did you give them money?  Why or why not? Oddly enough, I have never had a charity call me for money.

6. What common household product do you hate to run out of the most?  Nothing crushes a good morning to bits more than pouring a big bowl of cereal only to find that there is no milk.

And today:

1. Do you believe that Terri Schiavo should be allowed to die or that she should be kept alive? I think 15 years is enough.  It's really none of my business though.  I am repulsed at the political circus it has become.  Some things are not the business of everyone in society.
 
2. Has the Schiavo case made you take any action towards creating a living will of your own? I've always been vocal about my wishes, but I need to write them down.
 
3. Let's forget what we know -- or more likely, what we think we know -- about Schiavo's condition.  If you suffered a brain injury that would leave you in a non-responsive vegetative state (whether Schiavo is in this state or not) and your doctors said that there was so much brain damage that there would be no hope of recovery, would you want to be kept alive no matter what?  Absolutely not.  Send me to the great beyond. 

4. Has anyone outside of your immediate family ever asked you to be their "personal representative" to make such a decision on their behalf if they ever suffer a severe injury?  Do you think you could really make the decision? No one has asked, but I could do it in a heartbeat.  I think everyone should have a non-family member in charge of seeing that their wishes are carried out.

5. Do you have a special outfit ready for Easter Sunday?  Does your family have any special Easter traditions? No outfit planned.  We have dinner together every year.
 
6. What room of your house is the absolute messiest?  Would you ever let a house guest see it? The bathrooms could always use some work.  How am I going to not let a guest see it?  Give them a pot and make them step outside?







No comments: