20 July 2005

Not very Hemulan at all (anyone?)

1. What is the last thing you either camped out or got up unusually early to be able to buy?  I can answer with the confidence of a thousand pills of levitra that I have never camped out or got up unusually early to buy anything.  I've never understood the concept of either, especially getting up at 5 AM on the day after Thanksgiving to Christmas shop.  More power to all that do.  You'll never have to worry about knocking me over to get to the electronic department before the price of the digital cameras go up 300%.

2. If you had to give up one of the following for a full year, which would be the easiest to do without?  Which would be the most difficult to give up?
    a) Your personal vehicle
    b) Your Telephone (both cellular and land line)
    c) The Internet
    d) Meat (all of it:  Beef, Poultry, Pork and Seafood)
    e) Television

Telephone.  Ain't even close.  In fact, stop calling me.  Please. 

3. How many items (include all bottles, boxes and containers) are in your medicine cabinet?  Which is the last one you used? We don't really have a medicine cabinet.  We have a medicine counter, and a medicine nightstand, and a medicine that goes wherever we used it last, dammit.  The last thing used was a few ibuprofen pills.

4. What is the first source you go to for news of any kind when you wake up?  How much do you trust that particular source? Since I normally check my email within 1/2 hour of waking up, I see the AOL main page and will continue to news if something is on it that intrigues me.  Otherwise I read the Tribune.  I trust the paper a lot more than I trust the Internet.

5. Take the Quiz:  
What do the letters of your name stand for?  

Had to have some fun with this one.  First I entered "James" and got: Jolly (ho freaking ho ho ho), Awesome (apparently I am 15), Mysterious (BOO!), Emotional (WHY DOES IT SAY THAT ABOUT ME?  I DON'T UNDERSTAND?  WHY DOES IT HATE ME???  I WISH I HAD NEVER BEEN BORN!!!), and Sensational (I do have great hair...); then I went with "Jim" and got: Judicial (If only W had known!  I could have been a Supreme Court Justice...), Intense (Yeah, but it couldn't say that to my face, could it?), and Misunderstood (which is crap, to be honest, I feel like just about everyone "gets" me).  Then I put the Irish version of my name in, Seamus, and got a message that said "There's no such name.  Now stop messing around with us before we come find you, you intense, mysterious, emotional, awesome man."  Then it asked me out.  I am having drinks with the quiz next Friday.

6. What is your favorite color and why?  If you have a journal or journals, is this color the primary one on those journals?  If not, why not?

Blue.  It soothes me.  As silly as that sounds, that's what I like about it.  Nothing beats the feeling of looking up into a clear sky and seeing nothing but blue.  On a clear enough day I can see where every shade ends and the next begins.  It's just incredibly peaceful.  My journals are blue because that is the default setting.  I'm not much into design.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Blue works for me too.  Not only am I "not into design", but I find a lot of the silly, cutesy graphics a real turnoff, although I know most people think they liven up a journal.