13 August 2005

Four play

It would appear that I have some catching up to do:

From July 23:

1. Who was your first best friend? His name was Tim.  How old were you when you two met? Five, we met the first day of kindergarten. Are you still in regular contact with each other? Nope.  We were close friends until the end of 8th grade, and then he became very, very strange.

2. Other than the "Saturday Six," what weekly or daily memes do you play most often?  (Please give a link to that journal.) None.  I do this one because I find the questions to be rather thought provoking, and Lord knows I need all the provoking I can handle.

3. Which of the following likely has the bigger mess underneath it:  your stove, your refrigerator, your couch or your bed? I live in a house with two cats.  I'd bet there is enough fur under the bed for at least two more.

4. Take
this quiz:  How long does MSN think you'll live? 71.  It also says that I need to lose 61 pounds!  If I lost 61 pounds I don't think anyone would be able to see me. Then take this one:  How long does Blogthings think you'll live? 79.  I want to know why I get years shaved off for not owning a dog?

5. Do either or both of these motivate you to make any changes in your lifestyle?  Not really.  I think what may finally motivate me to change my lifestyle is the presence of a toddler or two, and how I will feel after chasing them around for a day.  Though I still don't see how I could ever lose 61 pounds...

6. Name five things you would like to do by December 31, 2005.  1. Become an expectant father.  2. Write an entry that gets more than 20 comments.  3. Hear George W. Bush admit that he has made a mistake-any mistake.  4. Stop caring about the Chicago Cubs.  5. Find a job.

From July 30:

1. What was your favorite childhood movie?  When was the last time you saw it?  "Star Wars"-I think I last saw it in full about ten years or so ago.

2. Who is your worst enemy at the moment?  (First names only, please.)  Why is that person your enemy? I don't really have any enemies.  I'm not in a position to affect anybody's life negatively at the moment, which is what I think being an enemy is all about.  Don't get me wrong, I have enjoyed being the enemy at times, but I don't have reason to be one or have one right now.

3. Which one of the following annoys you most when you encounter a new blog?
    a. Constant grammatical errors.
    b. Constant spelling errors.
    c. Contrived "street" language.
    d. Too many "nothing happening today" entries.
It's really, really hard for me to read anything written in street.  It jusy drives me insane.

4. Take this quiz:   Which alcoholic drink are you? I'm a "There was a bottle of Smirnoff here, but they made us take it down."  I'v never heard of that drink before.  Funny, about the only liquor I do not like is vodka.  Too Russian.

5. What is the last thing you said to a person face to face?  Who was that person? "Yes, you did."  To my wife.  Two seconds ago.

6. READER'S CHOICE QUESTION #59 from
Debi:  When you shower, do you ever think of the Alfred Hitchcock movie, "Psycho?"  No.  There was a tim when I was younger that it was a little bit of an adventure for me to take a bath without thinking a big shark was going to come up through the drain, but I've never been spooked about taking a shower.

From August 6:

1. Besides your parents or siblings, what family member do you most resemble?  My cousins in Ireland.  The first time I went there, it was like walking around with a mirror. 

2. Check out this
interesting website:  Is your hometown newspaper featured?  What is the top headline of that paper or the one closest to you? Both Chicago papers are featured, and both have the same story for their headline.  There was a man who was being sought for a 1996 murder who was captured in Mexico.  The Tribune's headline: "96 slaying fugitive captured in Mexico" while the Sun-Times is: "Fugitive's decade on the lam ends"-guess which paper is considered a "tabloid"?

3. If you knew it was completely tame and there was no danger, what zoo animal would you most like to pet or come into physical contact with? I'd go swimming with the penguins.

4. Take this
quiz:  How weird are you? I'm only 30% weird.  I'm thinking that this is off by at least 69%.

5. Which of the following causes more stress in your life:  your spouse, your kids, your boss, your co-workers, your friends, your parents or other relatives? Stress?  What is this thing called stress that you speak of?

6. You find an old lamp containing a genie:  the genie decides to give you a single improvement for yourself, mind or body.  It must be something to improve within you and no one else.  What would you ask the genie to fix?
 I'd like to be half a foot taller.

And finally, August 13:

1. A reader to "Men's Journal" recently wrote about technological innovations, stating that there isn't any gadget he couldn't live without:  "To see how vital technology is, spend a few days in the backcountry without your phone, pager, PDA, laptop, cappuccino machine, or MP3 player.  You'll emerge cleansed and refreshed."  Could you go a whole week really roughing it with no modern conveniences?  Would you want to? Of course I could.  The only thing I would miss is my laptop, but there's nothing I couldn't do without for a week.  Would I?  Depends where I was going. 

2. What is the most you've ever paid for a:
    A) Shirt $40
    B) Pair of Shoes $80
    C) CD or Album $25
    D) DVD $25
    E) Book $60
    F) Vacation No clue.  I've taken some long vacations that added up, but it was worth every penny.

3. Looking back at the answers to#2, which one was the most foolish? None, though I probably could have planned the vacations a little bit better.

4. Take this quiz:   Which snack food are you? I'm an apple?  Somebody want to insert a fruit joke here?

5. There are three wells:  Love, Beauty and Creativity.  If you could only drink from one of them, which would you choose and why?  Creativity.  I wouldn't even look at the other ones.  Love came into my life late, and while it's great, I had already proven to myself that I could live without it.  Beauty?  No way.  I'd rather have three million warts and be creative.

6. If you were another person, do you think you would be friends with the person you know as yourself?  Why not?  I'm pretty easy going.  I would at least be friends with me so that I could take advantage of me.




No comments: