18 June 2005

In Saturday compliance

1. Do you do a yearly "spring cleaning" in your home?  If so, have you done this year's version, yet?  Not usually.  This year instead of cleaning, I moved.  I've never understood where the whole spring cleaning thing comes from.  Oh, look, the world is waking up from winter.  Everybody grab a swiffer!

2. Have you ever been blindfolded and asked to identify which of two drinks is Pepsi or Coke?  If you haven't, do you think you could tell the difference?  Did it once when I was a kid.  It was easy to tell.  Interestingly enough, I prefer Coke to Pepsi, but I prefer Diet Pepsi over Diet Coke.  And my life hasn't been the same since they took Crystal Pepsi off the market...

3. You find out that you're going to have a child:  what baby names will you choose? I want to name my first son Desmond.  I get funny looks from people when they hear that.  Contrary to popular belief, it's an Irish name, and I think it is very cool, but it certainly would not bother me if people thought he was named after Bishop Desmond Tutu.  His middle name would be James, so if people can't get over Desmond, they can just call him DJ.  I don't really have a preference about a girl, and since my wife has agreed to the "Desmond" scenario, I think she'd get to name our daughter.

4. You must become one of the Brady Bunch kids for a single day:  which one would you choose to become and why? Must?  I'd say Peter.  I think he has the best chance of hooking up with Alice at some point.  Plus he had that really cool voice thing going.  And he wasn't afraid to dress like a girl.

5. Where are you going for summer vacation this year?  We went to Ireland on our honeymoon in May, so I think the summer vacation thing for this year is kaput.  I hope to make it to St. Louis for a weekend to visit my sister and her family.

6. What is the most religious thing you do on a day-to-day basis? Be aware of my mortality on an almost constant basis.  My life is just one big chapter from "Ecclesiastes."



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Desmond - I thought everyone knew it as an Irish name!  But you're right about Desmond Tutu - Not a bad namesake at all. http://journal.aol.com/sighlemaccaba/NotesFromtheUndertow/  

Anonymous said...

I agree with you...Coke is much more preferable than Pepsi!

I always had a crush on Peter Brady...he was the cutest in my book!  But did I miss something....was there some sort of lurid undertone between Peter & Alice??   Yikes....

Love your journal, btw.  There is something almost "Seinfeldian" in your writing...you make me laugh and make me realize..."yeah, that's the way it is".   I read here reguarly, I just don't get the chance to post comments as often as I would like to!!

Be well,
Rosemarie