Because twice is better than once:
(From last week)
1. Did you travel for the Christmas holidays? If so, how did you get where you were going and how was the trip? No traveling this year. In fact I think I have only travelled for Christmas once ever.
2. Did you get most of the gifts you were hoping for? I stopped "hoping" for gifts a long time ago. I appreciate the thought that goes into the process when someone gives me a gift and sort of feel like I shouldn't be hoping for anything. And, when you don't hope, you can't be disappointed!
3. If you were to check Santa's list, would your name appear to indicate that you had been good enough in 2004 to have DESERVED those gifts? I think so. I'm a pretty boring person, so I don't see why I wouldn't be on the good list.
4. If you HAD to make one New Year's Resolution next year, what would it be? Shed some meat from these bones.
5. READER'S CHOICE QUESTION #36 from Mrs. L: What is your favorite kind of Christmas cookie or dessert? Cherry pie
6. READER'S CHOICE QUESTION #37 from Promise: Who inspires you the most in your life? Hmm. This is a toughie. My father's memory inspires me to live this life as best I can, but since he died, my mother has shown me how one can triumph over adversity, so I'll go with her.
(And this week)
1. Where were you when the clock struck midnight? With whom did you ring in the new year? My fiance and I were watching television.
2. Do you have any foods you always eat on New Year's Day, and if so, what do the foods signify for your family? If my memory serves, we always used to eat prime rib for dinner on Jan. 1, though I don't now, so I guess the answer is no.
3. Do you believe that these "superstitious foods" work? Until this moment, I had never thought of the concept of "superstitious food. "
4. Did you make any New Year's Resolutions this year, and if so, which of them do you honestly expect to have kept by December 31, 2005? I resolve not to make any resolutions. I've never seen the point. It seems to me that I would only be setting myself up for disappointment.
5. What is the most enjoyable DVD you purchased in 2004? What's the most enjoyable DVD boxed set you purchased in 2004? I didn't buy any.
6. What would you most like to see change in AOL Journal-land in 2005? The rate of which the numbers of my hit counter increase!