15 January 2005

Because twice is better than once

In honor of just watching "Stuck On You" I will once again answer Patrick twice:

Last week:

1. READER'S CHOICE QUESTION #38:  If you could live in a foreign country(or city) for one year, which would you choose and why?  New Zealand.  It's as far away from home as I can imagine, and a year would give me the time to explore both islands in full.  If I had to choose someplace I've been to, I'd say Reykjavik, Iceland, because it's as different as anything I've seen. 

2. READER'S CHOICE QUESTION #39:  Did you have a security blanket, stuffed animal or toy that you were attached to as a child?  Do you still have it? No

3. READER'S CHOICE QUESTION #40:  Favorite alcoholic beverage?  Guinness

4. READER'S CHOICE QUESTION #41:  What was your favorite cartoon as a child?  Road Runner.  My favorite noise ever is the sound Wily E. Coyote makes as he is plunging thousands of feet into the canyon.

5. READER'S CHOICE QUESTION #42:  Is there a chore you enjoy doing?  No

6. READER'S CHOICE QUESTION #43:  A time machine will let you travel 10 years into either the past or future.  Which would you choose and why?  The past.  I could not resist the chance to make sure certain events did not happen.  For example, I'd make sure that no one would be allowed to sit in the first few rows of the left field stands at Wrigley Field on October 14, 2003.

And now for this week:

1. You achieve a high level of fame in your chosen career.  Calls begin coming in for interviews...if you could only appear on one of the following shows, which would you select?
A) Today
B) Live! with Regis and Kelly
C) The Daily Show
D) Oprah
E) David Letterman
F) Jay Leno
G) Jerry Springer

I've been watching David Letterman for twenty years.  I'd love to be a guest on his show.
 
2. You have the opportunity tobriefly become another person in another body, then spend 48 hours alone with the real you.  Would you do it?  Absolutely.  What's not to love about me?  Seriously, it would be fascinating to spend time with "yourself" while not being "yourself."
 
3. You have the opportunity to briefly become another person in another body and live a normal life for 48 hours.  Would you dare to spend two days as a member of the opposite gender?  Again, absolutely.  It's not going to last, so why not see how the other half lives?

And I would just like to say that it took a lot of will power to resist making crass responses to those last two questions...
 
4. Compared to previous years, did you spend more or less money on Christmas gifts?  How soon do you think you'll have all of the bills for Christmas paid off?  A tad less, I think everything is about paid off.
 
5. What is the first toy you remember playing with?  One of those plastic toys filled with tiny balls that you watch run down into small holes, then flip over and do it again.  My mother was about to give it to my brother and let me try it first.  I think I was about three.
 
6. Have you ever downloaded a song or theme song for your cell phone?  If so, which one amuses you most?  If you haven't, but had to pick one, what would it be? No.  To be honest, I find them incredibly annoying, so if I did it, it would have to be the most annoying sound possible.  I'll go with the "most annoying sound ever" from "Dumb and Dumber."
 


No comments: