16 January 2004

What's the use?

In my continuing jobless world (seventeen months and counting) I have spent a ton of time trying to hone my writing skills.  It's been tougher than I expected.  I write and then I edit, which tends to get rid of most of the writing.  I'm not going to do that here.  Whatever I post will stay, even if it makes me cringe when I go back and read it two hours later.  The proliferation of web journals lately makes it easy for anybody to get their ideas and thoughts "out there", and I am only too happy to join up. 

A few notes: first, it doesn't look like there is a spell check available on this, and while I am confident in my spelling and grammar abilities I am sure there will be many errors.  I'll do my best to keep it readable.  Second, I'm not trying to force any opinions on anyone who happens to stop by here.  Any thoughts expressed are my own and I don't expect everyone, or anyone I suppose, to agree with me.  Lastly, I'm still moronic when it comes to doing technical things like adding links.  I'm sure at one point I may try to refer you a news website that takes you to the home shopping network instead.  I'll get better as I go along.

If indeed anyone is reading this, I appreciate you taking the time to check this out.  I will read and respond to any comments you might have, and don't worry about offending me.

1 comment:

sighlemaccaba said...

I don't know how I stumble into your journal.  It's hard to keep track.  Anyway I like your style.  It flows easily with no affectations. sheila