17 April 2004

25 Random things about me

For those outside the realm of AOL, I am fulfilling a journal "assignment"

1. I can make fairly loud noises with my knees and ankles that have been mistaken for sonic booms

2. I was on Icelandic television in 1998 because a pastry chef fell into a pond

3. My favorite CD of all time is Pete Townshend's "White City"

4. I would have given ten years of my life to be a major league baseball player

5. 18 months after quitting the job I had for almost twelve years, I still have nightly dreams of chaos where I am a retail drug store manager

6.  If I ever get a chance to be on Jeopardy, they will have to declare bankruptcy

7. I have a completely irrational fear that I will die from ALS (Lou Gherig's disease) some day

8. When I was a freshman in college, my randomly assigned room was on a floor designated for students with disabilities.  I was only one of three people not disabled who lived there.  It was like being Jack Nicholson's character in "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" but it also turned out to be one of the more memorable years of my life

9. I was really, really, mean to my sophomore year roommate in college.  I have regretted that for a long time

10. It's been almost two years and I think I've handled it well, but I still have days where I find it incomprehensible that my father died in 2002

11. It bothers me that I will leave this life knowing that there are places in this world that I will not have seen

12. I have never seen "It's A Wonderful Life" and have no plans to

13. I am 99.9% certain that I have already had my mid-life crisis

14. I was head over heels in love with my kindergarten teacher.  A part of me still is

15. I want to name my first born son "Desmond" and no one who knows this likes the name, including my fiance.  And it is an Irish name

16. My ears are pretty big, and they have been the size that they are currently since I was five

17. I am still enraged that "Forrest Gump" won Best Picture in 1994 instead of "Pulp Fiction"

18. The only reason I eat asparagus is because of the way it makes urine smell later

19. I don't think the human race will last more than another five hundred years or so

20. I am going to cry like a baby on the day I get married, when my children are born, and when the Cubs win the World Series

21. I think it's ironic that a majority of those who favor the death penalty are against abortion

22. The only movie I ever walked out on is "The Poseidon Adventure."  I was seven

23. I have the ugliest big toes in the history of mankind

24. I have a birthmark in an extraordinarily inaccessible location

25. I spent a long time working in neighborhoods where I was the minority.  I learned more about life in those years then all other combined

 

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very interesting 25.

Anonymous said...

Love your list. I am also the victim of a birthmark in an odd place.  Under torture is the only time I'll say where it is.   http://journals.aol.com/lilrazcal79/ConfessionofanOridinaryMind