26 April 2004

Huevos all over my face

It just happened again.

I was on my way to Target to pick up some painting supplies.  It's a nice day here in Chicago, not a cloud in the sky and the temperature in the low 60's, so I had the window rolled down as I drove along North Avenue.  Unable to find anything good playing on the radio, I let it scan until I heard something catchy.

I stopped it when I heard the familiar guitar riff, followed by a low male voice singing "hey, hey, hey" and knew I had heard it before, but could not remember what it was.  Determined to know what it was, I decided then and there to listen to the end and if the radio station did not identify who it was, I would call them if I had to in order to find out.

Then the rest of the verse played out:

"Hey, hey, hey, lady, burrito lady, burrito lady,..."

Ah, yes, it's a commercial for Chipotle.  I knew that the last time I waited a few seconds to figure out what it was.  And I'll do it again when I hear it on the radio and forget that I've heard the commercial before. 

I am to the point where I find the music played during the commercials on the radio better than the songs played in between ad breaks.  Color me old, and do it quickly, lest I am able to forget what exactly it is that you are doing.   

No comments: