12 July 2004

So who's it gonna be?

I've seen a few entries the last few days about the ranking of the top 100 journals.  I'm confused as to what this means, if it means people have to link your journal in one of their entries, or if they have your journal listed in the "other journal" column on their main journal page.

So I did a little exploring, and while I was not surprised that my journal does not appear on the list (I haven't been doing this as long as most others have) I was kind of surprised to see that I haven't been linked once.  Ouch.  Not that I am taking that personally, of course.  Still, recognition is nice.  I get a fair amount of comments on my journal, which I appreciate.

I write this journal for me, to keep my desire to write going, in the hope that it makes me better and helps me decide what I want to do with the rest of my life.  The best thing about this is that it has helped me develop a routine, where I feel like I have to continually work on being prolific and effective.  The fact that others might read it is an extra.

But I am going to make a shameless plug: won't someone please link me, just once?

Currently (still) at "zero blogs, zero links."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, Amy just linked you, so you now have one link, and I'm sure there will be more to come!  Very fine journal.  --Albert

Anonymous said...

Bless your heart.  I'll link you!  ~Peachy

Anonymous said...

If you check your tally again and it's still zero, don't despair---it takes some time for the links to register & The List is somewhat like the Twilight Zone...now you see yourself, now you don't....