01 April 2005

A little less conversation

I had my say about the Schiavo case a few days ago, and I was prepared for that to be my last words about it.  But I had CNN on this morning when it was announced that she died, and I saw a few things that repulsed me.

First was Reverand Frank Pavone, a Catholic priest and "spokesperson for the Schindler's" (good Lord, how many representatives did these people need?  Tell me again that this was not an overblown media event), ripping Michael Schiavo for his "continued cruelty towards Terri's parents."  Hey, Rev, you're a priest right?  Why don't you act like one and save the verbal smackdowns for confession?  No one really cares about your opinion.  I never knew that the white collar was so perfect for clipping on a microphone.

The second thing that irritated me was the inevitable statement from the President.  Remember, "W" stands for "wisdom": 

"Today millions of Americans are saddened by the death of Terri Schiavo. ... I urge all those who honor Terri Schiavo to continue to work to build a culture of life where all Americans are welcomed and valued and protected."

You know, I really just want to keep him out of this.  I really do, but when he makes such a assinine statement like that, I can't help myself.  So the President wants all Americans "valued and protected"? 

Apparently he's been enlightened, because he wasn't always saying that.  Another great example of how Bush jams nothing but BS down this country's collective feeding tube.

I sincerely hope y'all weren't tired of hearing about Terri Schiavo.  Between the media and our politicians, she'll have a legacy the size of Elvis'.

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bush and *a culture of life*? Yeah, he's a good steward of the land too... Maybe he can be the next Pope while we're at it...

Anonymous said...

Oh, good. YOU wrote this. Now I don't have to. Thanks, Jim.