05 February 2005

A word from our sponsor

Before I tackle this week's Saturday Six I would like to clarify something for those of you in ZIP CODE 91016 regarding question #2 from two weeks ago.  If you recall, the key word used was "closest."  Mr. Dictionary gives multiple meanings for the word that pertain to its use in this question.  That's why I called it "ambiguous."  Certainly, we here in the Wood Party would never intentionally demean the bonds of friendship formed long ago when it was OK for two men to snuggle at a picnic whilst enjoying a cheese danish.  It was simply one of a potential many answers that could have been given.

Thank you.  And now for something completely different:  

 

1. What is your favorite restaurant to visit for breakfast and what do you order?  (Preparing long-winded answer): When I was in high school a group of my friends and I decided that one day we would drive to Canada for the sole reason of having breakfast.  As soon as we finished eating, we would get in the car and drive back home.  It never happened, but in the fall of 2003 my fiancee and I spent a few days in Montreal.  There's a restaurant in the old Montreal Forum (the name escapes me-yeah, I know, go figure) where we ate three times, and each time I had the chicken and eggs platter, and it was heavenly.  Breakfast in Canada is everything it is cracked up to be.  Thinking about it has me digging out my passport.

2. Do you have any unique ability like those who appear on David Letterman's "Stupid Human Tricks?"  If so, how did you learn you had this talent?  Not anymore.  When I was a kid I was the self-proclaimed World Champion of leaning back and balancing my chair on just two legs, but I'm sure my center of gravity has shifted past championship proportions now.  Damn.
 
3. There are plenty of sites on the internet for pen pals; some of them are specifically designed for communicating with people in prison.  Have you ever or would youbegin corresponding with a stranger who was in prison?  I seriously doubt it, but never say never.  I would not correspond with anyone who was in prison for committing a violent crime.
 
4. Name two questions you have always wanted to ask a pair of identical twins.  The urge has never hit me, so if these are lame, it's because I just thought of them.  I'd ask if there was any pushing and shoving in the womb to determine who was born first,  and if they've ever had breakfast in Canada. 
 
5. If you looked back at your high school yearbook photos, what is more embarrassing?  Your hair, your clothes, your glasses, or your complexion?  Never wore glasses, my complexion was only noticeable in my freshman pic, and my hair was an issue in maybe two.  By far the worst thing about any of my high school pics are the facial expressions.  I look really, really serious, like I was sitting on a cactus or something.  I've never been one who is able to smile (or look somewhat relaxed) when taking pictures.

6. If you had to change the color of one of the following, which would you change and why:  the walls in your living room, your car, or your eyes.  The car is black, no problem there.  Eyes are blue, no worries.  Living room is white, and that is what I would change, if I were "allowed" to and also about fifteen feet tall.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Breakfast in Canada eh?
I suppose General Parking was invited as well?