20 May 2005

Just before Saturday

1. How many scars do you have on your body?  Where are they?  A lot, some minor, some major.  The biggest one is across my lower gut from kidney surgery when I was 9.  It looks like someone drew a hockey stick there.  I also have scars on my right knee from surgery (long cut, plus six holes from an arthroscope that couldn't fix the damage).  I have an assortment of scars from stupid things I have done, like a gash above my left eye when I fell into a cabinet when I was 7, a chunk out of my left wrist from an unfortunate work fiasco (I saw the glob as it as leaving my body, rather surreal) and other minor marks all over the place.  I also have a chicken pox scar the size of a crater on the left side of my face.  I'm rather imperfect.

2. What is the last junk food you ate in such large quantity that you actually felt guilty afterwards? Ice cream.  Way too much ice cream.  So much ice cream, in fact, that both Ben and Jerry are driving a brand new Lexus.

3. What is the closest spot to your home where you go when you feel like you need an afternoon escape? Waterville, Ireland.  Sadly, I don't get there very often.

4. Of those in your collection, what movie have you watched the most times? I have very few movies, and the only one I can think of that I have watched more than once is "Forget Paris."  So, you got some stuff here or what?

5. Have you ever felt discriminated against?  What about you do you believe led to the discrimination? I spent a good deal of time working in an environment where I was the only caucasian, and as a result I felt discriminated just about every day at some point.  It didn't really bother me, I just felt that people were taking advantage of an opportunity to perhaps retalliate (though I was not the offender).  The only times I felt uncomfortable about it is if I perceived my safety was threatened, which only happened a few times in 18 months.

6. RAPID FIRE QUESTION #3:  Have you ever hired a:
    a. Maid Are you kidding?  Did I learn NOTHING growing up in an Irish Catholic household?
    b. Lawyer No, but I have had one provided for me at no cost.
    c. Chauffer Yes, under my alias, Dr. Galokowitz.  The limo was much too small.
    d. Plumber  Yes.  He came to fix the sink.
    e. Photographer Yep, I just got married.
    f. Realtor One of the more unpleasant experiences of my adult life, both selling and buying.
    g. Gardener No.  I reap what I sow.
    h. Personal Trainer No.  I can't think of a more fruitless use of my money, except for the fact that I continue to by Cubs tickets.
    i. Psychic/Spirtual Advisor No, but I have been very, very, very tempted.  If I am drunk enough and in the right neighborhood, it could happen.  And yes, I realize I am making it sound like I am talking about prostitution instead. 
    j. Mortician Unfortunately yes.  Never realized how much death is a business until then.


No comments: