25 May 2005

Wednesday, Saturday, whatever

1. What is the last product or service you tried just because you saw a commercial that impressed or amused you about the product?  Did you like the product or service after you tried it?

I am normally not affected by commercials, but I did buy the new diet pepsi w/ lime after seeing the lime cannibal commercial.  I would have bought it eventually, I guess

2. How old is the oldest photograph in your home?  Are you in it? It's from 1967 and it is a picture of me with my sister when I was a few months old and she was 4.

3. What is the most supernatural event you have experienced?  Did you feel there was a specific reason that it happened to you? This is a long story.  When I was a kid my father hated all the music his kids listened to, except he loved the song "Kung Fu Fighting."  Shortly after he died in 2002 I had a dream where we were playing golf and there was a radio in the golf cart.  That song came on, and he went nuts, dancing in the fairway and singing.  And whenever I hit a shot he would say "nice shot, grasshopper."  I woke up from the dream in the middle of the night, and I could hear a soft buzzing sound.  I turned a light on and there was a huge grasshopper on the wall above me.  I don't really live in a place where we get a lot of grasshoppers, and this one was huge and dark green.  I got an empty coffee can, trapped the gasshopper in it, and let it go in my backyard.  I have felt a certain and definite calmness about where my father is ever since.

4. Do you usually consider the glass half-empty or half-full?  I just drink the damn thing.  I used to be a half-empty guy, but I am most definitely a half-full one now.

5. What part or parts of your body do you shave regularly? Just my face. I have the strangest beard in history I think.  The hair that grows from my sideburns down to my chin never seems to come in the same way twice.

6. What day is typically your busiest of the week?  What day are you usually the happiest?  What day are you usually the saddest?  All are about the same, though I try to make Sunday a little less hectic than the others.  No complaints, though.  Whether I am happy or sad does not depend on what day it is.

I am definitely watching "Lost" next fall.


No comments: