03 November 2004

Four more beers!

Is it too late to start drinking now?

Lord, why am I still up?  I got sucked in by Zogby around 4:30 in the afternoon and thought that this was going to be a different night.  So I waited, and waited, and waited.  By 11:30 I knew it was over, yet I am still on my computer and my television is still on.  What the hell is wrong with me?

Some random thoughts before I go to bed:

-Sometime tonight, when she was sure no one was looking, Hillary Clinton did a happy dance.  Ladies and gentleman, meet your 2008 Democratic presidential nominee.

-I hope Rudy Giuliani bitch-slapped whoever did his makeup tonight.  He looked like he'd been embalmed.

-Packed like lemmings into shiny metal boxes.

-Gay marriage bans were 11 for 11 tonight.  I'm speechless that a place like Oregon would approve such a thing.  Though I know nothing specific about each state and the consequence of the vote (like if it will also ban civil unions, deny rights, etc.) I can't help but feel that things are so much more divided than they were ten hours ago.  C'mon folks, people are dying in Iraq, the economy sucks, and you make a big deal out of gay marriage? 

-Make sure all the votes get counted.  I don't for a second think that Kerry can possibly overtake Ohio no matter what is in those provisional ballots, but the votes need to be counted.

-Not enough people voted.  That's not a bitter Kerry voter speaking.  Hell, if the entire world were eligible to vote in this election I believe that somehow Bush would have managed to win.  All this talk about how people need to get out and vote, and likely we won't reach 60% turn out.  Sheep, people.

-How long until someone on a conservative radio show suggests doing away with the amendment to the Constitution that restricts a president from running for a third term?

-I feel worse than I did in 2000.  Going into that race, I had a feeling Bush would win.  I felt much more confident about Kerry's chances tonight.  I thought he was going to win a close one, and the GOP would get a taste of 2000.

-CNN says Bush is on his way to speak to his crowd of supporters.  I may jump out the window if I see this (I'm only on the first floor, so I'll have to go headfirst) so I am turning the TV off and going to bed.

I hate hate hate to say this as my final comment, but Kerry needs to concede by tomorrow night.  There is just no way that he can change the result in Ohio.  I wish to hell he could, but it's not going to happen. 

I go gently into that not-so-good night.

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jim, I'm feeling your pain.