27 November 2004

Thumbs up!

Even though I am in my late thirties, I still have to read the comics in the paper every day. In fact, most days I have to read them first, before I check out any other part of the paper.

This morning, there was a note from the Chicago Tribune where they run "Get Fuzzy" informing their readers that today's strip "did not meet their standards of taste" and that the strip printed today was a repeat.

Thanks to the wonders of the Interent, it was easy to find the strip that they chose not to run.

I had to read it a few times to decipher what it was that made this so "distasteful", and then I laughed.  I don't find it offensive at all.

I've seen much worse in other comics.  I'd love to know why the Trib decided that they couldn't print this.

Take a look at it and decide for yourself!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Get Fuzzy, set here in Boston, is my favorite strip. The Boston Globe ran the strip today, and while I wasn't offended, I can understand that some folks would be. I think Conley's story gimmick has been week for the last few days.

Anonymous said...

Belfast: thanks for stopping by, the strip is one of my favorites as well.  I had heard that Conley hurt himself a few weeks ago, which I assume explains his less than average output lately.

Anonymous said...

Maybe he should have inserted a cough??
Candace