19 March 2004

Shabby

I knew that this would happen: around this time yesterday I praised my first half-day performance in picking winners in the NCAA tournament, noticing that I was just one point away from going 8-0.

I am  meager 9-7 since I congratulated myself in writing. 

The frequency of first round upsets has diminished greatly these last few years.  A lot of the games are still close, but the big boys of college basketball manage to win almost all of them.  I lost East Tennessee State today, which I had selected to advance one more wound before falling in the Sweet Sixteen.  So far, that's the only one of my sixteen picks that aren't still playing.

Eight more games tonight!  I'm not going to do well (that is what the book on reverse psychology tells me I should write).

No comments: