29 March 2004

rollin' rollin' rollin'

Today was "move the big stuff day" so I have been unable to spend much time on the computer.  I am sitting in a mostly empty apartment wondering where the last year went, because it seems like just yesterday that I was sitting in a mostly empty apartment the day I signed my lease. 

I used professional movers today for the first time in my life.  The time lapsed from when they rang my doorbell to when they (three people) drove away with an empty truck from my furniture's new home was two hours.  And I have a lot of stuff.  Myself and two friends would have taken two days, probably.  I shall never move myself again.  Worth every penny.

I caught very little basketball this weekend, but did see that my pick to win it all is still alive.  Oklahoma State should handle Georgia Tech Saturday, but I don't know about the final.  I feel good about their chances should they meet Duke, but UConn is playing well enough to beat a few NBA teams now, I think.

I still have two days to fully empty this place, and there's a lot of little things that need to be moved.  This is the part of the process that I H-A-T-E.

Almost time to say goodbye to Ovaltine.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Plus you don't have to provide the obligatory beer & pizza! Professional movers are a good thing!